In this two-minute read we look at ten steps you can take to soothe pets through the anxiety-inducing fireworks season.
Halloween has been and gone and next up on the calendar is Bonfire Night.
Some people enjoy it. Others endure it.
One thing is for sure, and that’s with all the loud bangs, strange sounds, and unexpected flashes it’s a testing time, to put it mildly, for our pets.
At Bayzos we love people, properties, and pets and that’s why we’ve collated these six tips for animal lovers in West Midlands.
Check out these ten tips on keeping animal calm from the RSPCA:
- Give them a walk during daylight hours to avoid times when fireworks are likely to be set off.
- Close windows and curtains to stifle the sound of fireworks.
- Put on the TV or radio to mask the firework sounds.
- Create a quiet ‘safe’ space where your dog can feel in control.
- Make some hiding places around your home where they can retreat to.
- Give them a little extra TLC (tender loving care, that one’s from us).
Advice for cat owners:
- Just like you would do for dogs provide hiding places in your home.
- Get them inside. Cats can become more stressed if they’re outside during fireworks.
Advice for small animal owners (rabbits, gerbils etc.)
- Partly cover outside cages and pens with blankets to create an area which is quieter and hidden but make space for the animals to look out and see where they are.
- Ensure there’s bedding small animals can burrow in as it helps them feel safer.
At Bayzos we are all about finding you a home you AND your pets will love and feel safe and comfortable in.
If you have any questions about what’s happening in the West Midlands property market right now, please get in touch.
Thanks for reading
The Bayzos Team